Dear guests, customers and visitors,
As a result of the Corona-virus and the measurements by the Dutch government and RIVM, we have decided that Level Eleven Amsterdam will be closed from Tuesday March 17 to Monday April 6.
We will be available for bookings after April 6. We wish everyone a lot of strenght and health in these difficult times. If you have any questions, please contact us: 020 – 553 50 00.
Our meeting facilities will be open for meetings up to max. 100 people, where we take care of extra space between seats in our meeting rooms. Our restaurant is closed in response to the measurements by the Dutch government and RIVM on March 15. If you have booked a meeting including lunch, we will provide this lunch in an appropriate manner. Our employees will inform you about this upon entry.
The following prevention/disinfectant products will be available on location:
- We have placed additional disinfectant hand soap in all toilets;
- We have an infra-red thermometer at the reception if you or your guests wants to check for increased fever;
Additional cleaning measures
- Hand contact points will be disinfected daily by the cleaning staff
- Additional cleaning shifts will be held on public toilets and restaurant areas
- All meeting and restaurant rooms and its furniture will be disinfected after use
In connection with food security, the following measures are made:
- During food preparation our staff will wear latex gloves;
- Additional cutlery will be placed in the restaurant;
- We will pre-cut whole breads or replace them with single sandwiches; we advise our guests to use pliers to grab them.
In order to supply our guests with information and advice concerning preventive measures we have the following communication resources available on site:
- We have multiple banners (as shown below) in the public areas to communicate preventive measures
- On our toilets we ask our guests to open the door with paper tissues to prevent physical contact with the door
- We advise our guests to use disinfectant hand soap
Personal Hygiene of our Employees
Implementing and securing performing hygiene measures is our entrepreneurial responsibility. Employees with fever, coughing and other COVID-19 symptoms are not allowed to work and must stay home till they are fully recovered.
The following personal hygiene measures must be followed by all our own employees on site:
- Wash your hand regularly with disinfectant soap (minimum of 10 seconds)
- Disinfect your hands
- Try to minimum contact with your face
- Cough or sneeze in the inside of your elbow, with your head down (do not sneeze in your hands!)
- If you are having a cold use a paper tissue, and throw this away in a closed bin and was your hands
- Do not shake hands with guests, visitors or colleagues
- Keep your nails short when working in services or the kitchen
- Change your clothes daily
Feel free to contact us at any time if you have more questions related to Corona
In the Wuhan region in China, an outbreak of a novel coronavirus also called severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2) began in December 2019. The virus can cause COVID-19 disease. Most patients have a fever and respiratory complaints. The Chinese authorities are investigating the coronavirus together with the World Health Organization (WHO). They are also investigating the source of the infections and are taking measures to prevent further spread of the virus. On 27 February 2020, the first patient was diagnosed with the coronavirus in the Netherlands. The virus has also appeared outside China, in Japan, Thailand, the United States, Germany, France Northern- Italy, South-Korea and Japan.
Level Eleven, part of Regardz Hospitality Group BV, has drawn up a Coronavirus Protocol, with which we primarily want to provide our employees with insight and we do our utmost to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus as much as possible by means of preventive hygiene measures in the field of personal hygiene(s), cleaning and food preparation. We are alert to current information from the RIVM and GGD and continuously updating the Coronavirus Protocol accordingly. We involve our guests by communicating the most important hygiene tips via banners in public areas.